All ABOUT ME!!

My photo
Love myself I do. Not everything, but I love the good as well as the bad. I love my crazy lifestyle, and I love my hard discipline. I love my freedom of speech and the way my eyes get dark when I'm tired. I love that I have learned to trust people with my heart, even if it will get broken. I am proud of everything that I am and will become.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Balancing Life Budget

A life budget includes committing time to self, family, society and God. The lives of those who do this get enriched not just financially, but also socially and spiritually.
Many corporate executives invest all their time and effort in pursuing their careers and climbing the professional ladder. Is it at all worthwhile? Most discover that their victory is empty and that they won it at an irreparable loss to their health, family and psyche, incurring obesity, heart disease and fatigue on the physiological front; separated spouse, estranged children and uncared-for parents on the familial front; frustration, depression and stress on the physio-psychological front.
The World Health Organization predicts that stress will be the number one killer in the world by 2020. And stress is usually nothing more than an individual’s failure to balance his lifestyle. Living life in a healthy manner and living it fully means we have to maintain regular food habits and follow a sensible diet, regular exercise and rest, going out with family, working for charity and spending some time in reflection, meditation and prayer.
There is only one way to survive overwork or burnout: be brave and bail out or you will be a loser. Asage asked a prosperous king, “If you were about to die of thirst and starvation and someone offered you a glass of water and a loaf of bread in exchange for your wealth and kingdom, would you give them to him?” “Of course I would,” replied the king. “Then why,” asked the sage, “have you wasted your entire life amassing wealth when they are worth no more to you than a glass of water and a loaf of bread?”

No comments:

Post a Comment